Nishi Kothari is an associate attorney in the Houston office. As a native Houstonian, she is proud to serve the individuals of this community. Ms. Kothari is a graduate of New York University, where she earned a Bachelors of Science in Communications and graduated Magna Cum Laude. During her time at NYU, Ms. Kothari was actively involved in the NYU community by participating in and serving as President of the prestigious NYU Speech Team. Later, she went on to enroll in The University of Texas School of Law. As a law student, Ms. Kothari served as Executive Editor for the Texas International Law Journal and spent her last two years actively involved in the mentor program, ending her term as Head Mentor.
Ms. Kothari brings with her a wealth of immigration knowledge to the firm. While in law school, Ms. Kothari was awarded a public service scholarship. She used her scholarship to actively fight for the immigration needs of low-income individuals and families. She has the unique background of working for both sides of the case, as both an advocate for her clients through the Human Rights Initiative and as a law clerk in the Dallas Immigration Court.
Prior to starting at Arguello, Hope & Associates, Ms. Kothari served as general counsel for a local engineering firm. During her time there she worked on several compliance and labor & employment issues, and understands the practical aspects of legal challenges and specializes in finding real-world solutions. She tirelessly implemented an affirmative action program, an immigration compliance program, a thorough OSHA-compliant safety program, and an enhanced export control compliance program.
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association – Adopt-an-Angel, Committee Member, 2014
- Houston Young Lawyer’s Association
- South Asian Bar Association – Houston Chapter, Co-Vice President of Outreach and CLE
- Dress for Success Houston / Women of Wardrobe
- New York University, magna cum laude, B.S. Communications, 2007
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2013
- State Bar of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas